Law Enforcement Exploring is a hands-on, exploration program open to young men and women, age 14 and finished the 8th grade through age 20, interested in careers in law enforcement or other fields in the criminal justice system.
The Explorer Program offers young adults a personal awareness of the law enforcement career field and criminal justice system through training, practical experiences, competition and other activities. Additionally, the program promotes personal growth through character development, respect for the rule of law, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism. It gives youth an alternative to drugs, crime, gangs, and delinquent behavior. Exploring brings law enforcement to life for teens and young adults.
The Department sponsors Explorer Post 209. They hold regular meetings every Thursday of the month from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Goldsboro Police Department. The Department is located at 204 S. Center St., Goldsboro, NC.
Law Enforcement Exploring provides:
- Career Opportunities – develops potential contacts for employment options Boosts self-confidence for school & work
- Leadership Experience – exposure to different leadership traits Develops leadership skills
- Character Education – helps in making ethical choices. Fulfills one’s responsibility to society
- Service Learning – encourages the desire to help others. Develops respect of the rights of others
- Life Skills – develops physical & mental fitness. Experience positive social interaction.
If you are interested in becoming an Explorer, contact Captain Trey Ball at email@example.com or visit the “Join Now” tab to submit an on-line application.